Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sunflower Seed Crackers

I love crackers!!  Anything crunchy, really.  It's something that I'm not eating these days until I found this recipe for homemade sunflower seed crackers on the mariahealth.blogspot.com website.  They are really yummy and really filling!  I made a double batch.

1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup water

Put the seeds and cheese in a food processor and pulse until its a fine meal.  Add the water and process until it's a sticky dough.  Put the dough on parchment paper and roll it out thin.  The thinner the better.  Score it into cracker squares with a pizza cutter.  Place it on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 28-30 minutes.  Let them cool and break apart along the scored lines.  Store in a container.  Yum!

I will say that my kitchen smelled a little funny when I made these because of the parmesan having such a strong smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment